Subsurface Salvation, our current project at TGA, the First Person Shooter, 8½ weeks.
- Refine our PBR GGX shading and add Oren-Nayer diffuse term.
- Quickly develop a flexible cheap easy to use single-texture-per-material system shader, using roughly the same specs as Quixel input data, that could feed into the deferred PBR.
- Figure out texture packing, so a prop only needs 3 textures for 6 materials and decals/emissive.
- Once and for all fix tangent/binormal inconsistencies that had haunted us in previous projects, by obsoleting them for screen space cotangent derivatives.
- Quickly make some 30 materials to give our artists a head start on the relatively prop heavy prospect of a FPS game.
- Some 30 simple tiling set-dressing props.
- Assist Art.
- Tweak and fix broken assets.